Web development tools
- 19+ Free Google Tools Every WordPress Blogger Should Use
- Making Embedded Content Work In A Responsive iFrame
- Resolving server usage problems
- WHOIS Search, Domain Name, Website, and IP Tools
- xml-sitemaps.com - By placing a formatted xml file with site map on your webserver, you enable Search Engine crawlers (like Google) to find out what pages are present and which have recently changed, and to crawl your site accordingly.
- Weebly - Create a free website and free blog.
- .htaccess check
- Leaf DNS Check your DNS records for errors.
- Geek Flare Website Speed Testing Tool
- GTmetrix - Website speed and performance optimization.
- Pingdom Website Speed Test
- Qualys SSL Labs SSL Server Test - Checks the server SSL configuration for errors and suggests possible solutions.
- Squish DNS traversal checker
- SSL Checker
- W3C Markup Validation Service - Check the markup (HTML, XHTML, …) of Web documents.
- WebPagetest - Test a website's performance.
- Why No Padlock? A simple tool that will tell you about any insecure items on your SSL page.
Cookie Free Domains
- MobileTest.me - Test your websites in smartphone & tablet emulators.
- Screenfly - See how a website looks on different devices.
- Color Hex Color Codes - Color-hex.com gives information about colors including color models (RGB,HSL,HSV and CMYK), Triadic colors, monochromatic colors and analogous colors calculated in color page. Color-hex.com also generates a simple css code for the selected color. Html element samples are also shown below the color detail page.
- TitleCap - Automatically Capitalize Your Title
- X-Icon Editor - Free online favicon creator.
php error logging
To prevent the logging of php warnings, add the following to your php.ini file (note: if error_reporting = something else, change it to this):
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING
You also may need to set the folder to use the proper php.ini file. Add the following to your .htaccess file:
# Make php.ini recursive (affect child folders)
- See also: Hardening WordPress
- SSL Server Test - This free online service performs a deep analysis of the configuration of any SSL web server on the public Internet.
- Sucuri Security - Scan your website.